Calculate the cooking time and temperature for a turkey. The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
- 1 How long do you cook an 11 pound turkey for?
- 2 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 3 How long do you cook an 11 pound turkey at 325 degrees?
- 4 How long do you cook an 11 pound turkey at 375?
- 5 How do you cook a 11 pound turkey?
- 6 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 7 How long do you cook a 12 lb turkey?
- 8 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 9 How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
- 10 How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
- 11 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 12 What’s the best temperature for turkey?
- 13 What temperature do I cook a whole turkey at?
- 14 What temp do I cook turkey?
How long do you cook an 11 pound turkey for?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long do you cook an 11 pound turkey at 325 degrees?
Roast a turkey (8 to 12 pounds) at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird. Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird.
How long do you cook an 11 pound turkey at 375?
- The turkey should be prepared as follows: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- The turkey should be cooked for 12-15 minutes per pound of weight for stuffed turkeys.
- The temperature of the juices can be used to determine whether or not the juices are fully cooked.
- Finishing touches – Take the chicken out of the oven
How do you cook a 11 pound turkey?
A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of a turkey’s thigh after two hours will allow you to determine whether the bird is done. Do not allow the thermometer to come into contact with the bone. When the thermometer reaches 180 degrees, your turkey is ready. Cooking a turkey that weighs 11 pounds should take no more than three hours and 40 minutes total to cook through.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
How long do you cook a 12 lb turkey?
What is the approximate cooking time for a turkey?
|Turkey Weight||Cooking Time||Doneness Temperature|
|4-6 lb. breast||1 hr 30 mins–2 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|6-8 lb. breast||2 hrs 15 mins–3 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|8-12 lbs.||2 hrs 45 mins–3 hrs||170-175°F|
|12-14 lbs.||3 hrs–3 hrs 45 mins||170-175°F|
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
How long to roast the turkey: temperatures and timings
- For a 10–13-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hours.
- For a 14–23-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2–3 hours.
- For a 24-27-pound person
- For a 28–30-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight. 8 to 12 lb.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
What’s the best temperature for turkey?
The federal government advises that turkey breasts be cooked to 165°F (74°C). At 150°F (66°F), I want my turkey breast to be juicier than it is at any other temperature (particularly if you dry brine it!).
What temperature do I cook a whole turkey at?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.
What temp do I cook turkey?
According to the USDA, your turkey should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F. (If you stuffed the turkey, the temperature of the stuffing, not just the flesh, should be 165°F.) Their advise is to use this method for any turkey that starts off raw.