- 1 How do you eat snake gourd?
- 2 What is the taste of snake gourd?
- 3 How do you peel a snake gourd?
- 4 Is snake gourd cold or hot?
- 5 Is snake gourd high in potassium?
- 6 What do we call Tori in English?
- 7 How long does it take to cook snake gourd?
- 8 Are the seeds of snake gourd edible?
- 9 How do you cook snake?
- 10 How do you pick a snake gourd?
- 11 How do you store snake gourds?
- 12 How do you slice a bottle gourd?
How do you eat snake gourd?
They can be prepared and used like zucchini, sautéed and served as a side dish or added to dishes with other sautéed vegetables. They can also be added to sabzi, chopped into curries, stuffed and grilled, made into a chutney, fried, blended into soups, sliced into stir-fries, or pickled for extended use.
What is the taste of snake gourd?
Snake gourd has a very strong smell & tastes pretty bland. It is very important to choose a young snake gourd as the older ones are tougher to cook and may taste bitter. I include different kinds of gourds in our diet.
How do you peel a snake gourd?
- Wash the veggie first.
- Then cut them into half vertically as shown below.
- Then cut each piece into half vertically.
- Then stack the cut pieces and slice the snakegourd into thin slices.
- Then chop them finely…..we chop it like this for poriyal / kootu / podimas.
Is snake gourd cold or hot?
Snake gourd supplies plenty of nutrition, being inherently high on water content vegetable, it provides a cooling effect on the body, having zero cholesterol thereby augmenting heart health and abounding in a plethora of vitamins and minerals to facilitate key metabolic functions in the body.
Is snake gourd high in potassium?
snake gourd vitamins and other nutrients include: Potassium 359.1 mg. Dietary Fiber 0.6 g. Calcium 5.1% Vitamin C, 30.5%
What do we call Tori in English?
Ridged gourd. तोरी Turai, Tori. S. Snake Gourd, pointed gourd.
How long does it take to cook snake gourd?
Add 1 to 2 dry red chillies, 8 to 10 curry leaves, a pinch of asafoetida, 1 to 2 green chillies and 5 finely chopped snake gourd pieces. Cook on a medium flame for 8-10 minutes or till the snake gourd pieces turn soft. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
Are the seeds of snake gourd edible?
Snake gourd, (Trichosanthes cucumerina), also called serpent gourd, rapid-growing vine of the gourd family (Cucurbitaceae), cultivated for its oddly shaped edible fruits. The leaves and shoots are also edible, and the pulp of mature fruits is sometimes eaten as a tomato substitute.
How do you cook snake?
How to Cook a Snake
- Step 1: Acquire Fresh Snake. This is probably going to be the hard part.
- Step 2: Skin and Clean Snake. Cut off the head, strip off the skin, and remove the guts as described in this Instructable.
- Step 3: Dredge.
- Step 4: Fry.
- Step 5: Drain and Cool.
- Step 6: Serve.
How do you pick a snake gourd?
They should be firm, rounded at their edges, and their color should be a bright medium to dark green. Avoid snake gourd that are yellow, puffy, have sunken water-soaked areas, or are wrinkled at their tips. Thinner cucumbers will generally have less seeds than those that are thicker.
How do you store snake gourds?
Store in a cool and dark place We recommend you choose a cool and dark place to store the snake gourds. They will keep fresh, and there would be no risk of damage. The best cool and dark place can be the cupboard of your kitchen, or it can be your pantry where snake gourds can stay fresh for three to four days.
How do you slice a bottle gourd?
Take the bottle gourd and cut off the edges, then peel the skin of bottle gourd with peeler. Cut the bottle gourd into two horizontally, then again cut the one half into vertically and remove the sponge texture inside. Cut them into strips and then chop into squares or as per your recipe demands.