According to the USDA, you should use an oven that has been preheated to at least 325 degrees Fahrenheit. If you cook a 10-pound turkey at that temperature, it will take around three hours to cook if it is initially thawed. It may take around 4.5 hours to cook a frozen turkey thoroughly.
How Long Should a Turkey Be Cooked?
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
- 2 How much Turkey do I need to cook for a party?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
- 4 Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
- 5 How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey and at what temperature?
- 6 How long do you cook a 10 lb Butterball turkey?
- 7 How long do I cook a 10 pound turkey at 325 degrees?
- 8 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 9 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 10 How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 350?
- 11 What temperature do I cook a 10 pound turkey at?
- 12 How long does a 10 lb turkey take to thaw?
- 13 Do you have to season a Butterball turkey?
- 14 How long do you cook a Butterball turkey per pound?
- 15 How long does it take to cook a 12lb Butterball turkey?
- 16 How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
- 17 What temperature does a turkey need to be to be done?
How long does it take to cook a 24 pound turkey?
While 325 degrees Fahrenheit is usually the ideal temperature for cooking a turkey, the amount of time your bird will require in the oven may vary depending on its weight. It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing.
How much Turkey do I need to cook for a party?
We talked with the USDA, which is the world’s foremost authority on all things turkey, and came up with this simple advice for cooking success. 1 1/2 pounds (uncooked) turkey per person is a good estimate. Make sure you provide adequate time for thawing your bird; here’s our thawing instructions to help you.
How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
All of these timeframes are based on roasting a turkey at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.Even while it is safe to cook a totally frozen turkey, it will take at least 50 percent longer than cooking a thoroughly thawed turkey.If you are cooking from frozen, remove the giblet packet with tongs halfway through the cooking process.Cook until an instant read thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
For a 10-13 lb. person Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the turkey (with giblets) for 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours. For a 14-23 lb. person. Cook the turkey (with giblets) for 2-3 hours at 325°F in a preheated oven.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey and at what temperature?
When to cook the turkey: temperature and time recommendations
- For a 10–13-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hours.
- For a 14–23-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2–3 hours.
- For a 24-27-pound person
- For a 28–30-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
How long do you cook a 10 lb Butterball turkey?
According to Butterball, the oven temperature should still be set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, but the cooking time will be reduced by one hour. Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows: 12 to 2 hours for 6-10 pounds. 10 to 18 pounds: 2 to 2 and a half hours.
How long do I cook a 10 pound turkey at 325 degrees?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
It is preferable to allow the bird to spend equal amounts of time covered and uncovered: we recommend covering your bird for the most of its cooking period to avoid it from drying out, and then removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so to allow for crisp skin.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Butterball recommends that you cover the breasts of the turkey with a tiny tent made of aluminum foil after it has been cooking for approximately two-thirds of the time required (depending on the size of the bird). These steps will help to reduce the cooking time for the turkey breasts.
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 350?
10.Calculate the cooking time and temperature for the turkey.The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
What temperature do I cook a 10 pound turkey at?
Roast for 2-1/4 hours at 325°F in a preheated oven.Remove the aluminum foil and cut a strip of skin or string between the drumsticks to ensure that the thighs cook evenly.Continue roasting for another 30 to 45 minutes (1 to 1-1/4 hours if stuffing is used), or until the thermometer registers 180°F and the center of the stuffing (if using) reaches 165°F, depending on how much filling you used.
How long does a 10 lb turkey take to thaw?
How Long Does It Take to Thaw a Frozen Turkey?
|Turkey Weight||How Long to Thaw In the Fridge||How Long to Thaw In Cold Water|
|10 to 18 pounds||2 to 3½ days||5 to 9 hours|
|18 to 22 pounds||3½ to 4½ days||9 to 11 hours|
|22 to 24 pounds||4½ to 5 days||11 to 12 hours|
|24 to 29 pounds||5 to 6 days||12 to 15 hours|
Do you have to season a Butterball turkey?
A great feature of butterball whole turkeys is that they do not require any brining prior to roasting. They’ve already been brined in a salt solution before you get here! However, this does not rule out the possibility of brining them. The Alton Brown recipe for brining turkeys is one that we use frequently for our Butterball turkeys.
How long do you cook a Butterball turkey per pound?
Raise the temperature of the turkey breast to 170 degrees F and the thigh to 175 degrees F, roughly 12-13 minutes per pound for an unstuffed turkey and 15 minutes for a stuffed bird, depending on how much stuffing you want in your turkey.
How long does it take to cook a 12lb Butterball turkey?
Lift the turkey onto a tray and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before cutting it into slices. 4-4 1/2 hours; 7 to 9 pounds; 4 to 4 1/2 hours. 9-12 pounds / 4 1/2 to 5 hours 12-14 pounds in 5-6 hours
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long Should a Turkey Be Roasted?
- Roast a turkey (8 to 12 pounds) at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours or until done.
- Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird.
- Using a 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 334 to 414 hours.
- Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours.
What temperature does a turkey need to be to be done?
The use of a meat thermometer can help you ensure that your turkey is cooked to the proper internal temperature. Insert it so that it is near to, but not touching, the femur. If the temperature in the thigh reads 180 degrees F and the temperature in the breast reads 170 degrees F, the chicken is done and ready to serve.