The amount of time it takes to cook will vary. For example, a 20-pound turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 hours to cook; after 4 1/4 hours, check the temperature with a thermometer to ensure it is properly cooked.
- 1 How long to cook an unstuffed 20 lb Turkey?
- 2 How long do you cook a Turkey in the oven?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a fully thawed Turkey?
- 4 What is the best temperature to cook a Turkey?
- 5 How long do you cook a 20 lb turkey at 350?
- 6 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 7 How long to cook a 20 lb turkey covered or uncovered?
- 8 How long do I cook a 20 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
- 9 How long to cook a 20 lb turkey in a Reynolds bag?
- 10 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 11 How long do I cook a 22 pound Butterball turkey?
- 12 Do you put butter on a turkey before cooking?
- 13 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 14 Do you rest a turkey covered or uncovered?
- 15 Should I cover the turkey while it rests?
- 16 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 17 How long do I need to thaw a 20 pound turkey?
- 18 How long do you cook a stuffed 24 pound turkey?
How long to cook an unstuffed 20 lb Turkey?
Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation. How long does it take to cook a 20-pound turkey without stuffing? For example, a 20-pound turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 hours to cook; after 4 1/4 hours, check the temperature with a thermometer to ensure it is properly cooked. 4.
How long do you cook a Turkey in the oven?
Insert a turkey thigh directly into the bottom of the oven and bake for 2- 2 1/2 hours, or until an internal temperature of 180 degrees F is reached in the thigh.
How long does it take to cook a fully thawed Turkey?
It takes less than 3 hours to cook an 8-pound turkey without stuffing, but it might take more than 5 hours to cook a 24-pound turkey with stuffing. Here’s how long it takes to cook a completely thawed turkey according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
What is the best temperature to cook a Turkey?
It is possible to discover recipes that recommend cooking a turkey at temperatures ranging from 325°F to 375°F, or even higher temperatures. While higher temperatures will cook the turkey more quickly, we have found that they also increase the likelihood of a turkey that is overdone, dry, or even burned. That is why we propose 325 degrees Fahrenheit. That Bird Shouldn’t Be Washed!
How long do you cook a 20 lb turkey at 350?
The easiest method of determining turkey roasting durations is to multiply the weight of the bird by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals around 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey). If your turkey weights 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- 312 to 334 hours at 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 334 to 4 hours
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 to 414 hours
- 325°F for 414 to 412 hours at 325°F
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long to cook a 20 lb turkey covered or uncovered?
Tips and tricks to help you succeed.Cook the turkey until the skin is a light golden brown hue, never until the meat is done.Cover your roasting pan with a lid or aluminum foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on the size of your bird) before removing the lid or foil and continuing to cook uncovered for the remaining time.
Every half hour or so, baste your turkey with a little olive oil.
How long do I cook a 20 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
A 20-pound turkey will take 4 to 5 hours to roast in the oven at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA advises), and 4 14 to 5 14 hours to bake in the oven stuffed.
How long to cook a 20 lb turkey in a Reynolds bag?
Cook entire, unstuffed turkeys in oven cooking bags at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately the following amounts of time:
- 1 1/2 to 2 hours for an 8-12 pound turkey
- 2 to 2 1/2 hours for a 12 to 16-pound turkey
- 2 1/2 to 3 hours for a 16-20 pound turkey
- 3 to 3 1/2 hours for a 20-24 lb bird
- 3 to 3 1/2 hours for a 20-24 pound turkey
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
How long do I cook a 22 pound Butterball turkey?
Butterball advised the following cooking times for a chicken that was not stuffed: 1.
- 6-7 pounds: 2-212 hours
- 7-8 pounds: 2-212 hours
- 7-10 pounds: 212-3 hours
- 11-20 pounds: 212-3 hours
- 3312 hours for 10-18 pounds
- 3312 hours for 20-30 pounds
- 3312 hours for 30 pounds
- 3 to 4 hours for 18-22 pounds
- 3 to 4 hours for 22 pounds.
- 22-24 pounds: 4-412 hours
- 4 12 to 5 hours for 24-30 pounds
Do you put butter on a turkey before cooking?
A coating of butter placed beneath the skin of your Thanksgiving turkey before roasting will impart rich flavor and moisture to the bird while it cooks.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
Do you rest a turkey covered or uncovered?
After the turkey has finished cooking, carefully remove it off of the baking dish and place it on a cutting board. Cover loosely with aluminum foil for at least an hour while you finish preparing the roast potatoes on the stove.
Should I cover the turkey while it rests?
3. The turkey must be allowed to rest before it can be carved. Allowing it to rest for around 45 minutes or so allows the juices to reabsorb; otherwise, they would trickle out when you slice it, and the flesh will be dry. It is not essential to tent the turkey with foil to keep it warm while it is resting; doing so would cause the skin to get soggy and mushy.
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.
How long do I need to thaw a 20 pound turkey?
Refrigerator is the best place to thaw it. The only suggested method for defrosting a frozen turkey is to place it in the refrigerator overnight. The defrosting process will take several hours, so allow at least 24 hours for every 4 to 5 pounds of chicken you plan on defrosting. A large turkey, say 15 to 20 pounds, will need to be refrigerated for 4 to 5 days before it can be served.
How long do you cook a stuffed 24 pound turkey?
Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey for 3 12 to 4 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey for 4 to 414 hours, depending on its size. Roast a turkey for 18 to 20 pounds for 414 to 434 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey for 434 to 514 minutes per pound.