- Calculate the cooking time and temperature for the turkey.
- The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
- 1 How long does it take to cook a stuffed 12-pound turkey?
- 2 Is it better to cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
- 3 Do you cook a 12-pound turkey at 325 or 350?
- 4 How long and at what temperature do you cook a stuffed turkey?
- 5 How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
- 6 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 7 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 8 Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
- 9 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 10 How do I keep my turkey moist?
- 11 How long to cook a 12 pound turkey at 3 50?
- 12 How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350?
- 13 How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
- 14 How much longer do I cook a stuffed turkey?
How long does it take to cook a stuffed 12-pound turkey?
How Long Should a Stuffed Turkey Be Cooked?
- Roast a 10- to 12-pound turkey for 314 to 312 hours for a 10- to 12-pound bird.
- Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey for 3 12 to 4 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey for 4 to 414 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast an 18- to 20-pound turkey for 414 to 434 hours if it weighs 18 to 20 pounds.
- Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey for 43- to 51-hours, depending on its size.
Is it better to cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
Do you cook a 12-pound turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast a turkey (8 to 12 pounds) at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird. Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird.
How long and at what temperature do you cook a stuffed turkey?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight. Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
To achieve this equilibrium, it is best to allow the bird to spend equal amounts of time covered and uncovered: For the most of the cooking time, we recommend covering the bird to keep it from drying out. Then, we recommend removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so of cooking time to enable the skin to crisp.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Butterball recommends that you cover the breasts of the turkey with a tiny tent made of aluminum foil after it has been cooking for approximately two-thirds of the time required (depending on the size of the bird). These steps will help to reduce the cooking time for the turkey breasts.
Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
Don’t smear butter on your fowl. It is not possible to make the flesh more juicy by putting butter under the skin, while it may aid in the browning of the skin. López-Alt, on the other hand, argues that butter contains around 17 percent water and will leave splotches on your bird’s skin. As an alternative, coat the skin with vegetable oil before roasting.
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
Place the turkey in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered. Start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes of the 15-pound turkey to allow it to brown properly. Continue cooking at 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140°F to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the breast is cooked through.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Recipe for Traditional Bread Stuffing
- Make the switch to a fresh turkey rather than a frozen one.
- It is preferable to roast two little turkeys rather than one giant bird.
- Make a brine for the turkey.
- Soft butter should be massaged into the skin.
- Loosely or not at all in the truss.
- Initially, roast the turkey upside down on a baking sheet.
- Make sure not to overcook it.
- Allow time for the turkey to rest before cutting it.
How long to cook a 12 pound turkey at 3 50?
How long should a turkey be roasted?
- Weights ranging from 4 to 8 pounds (breast alone) take 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 13 to 18 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 18 to 20 pounds
- 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours for 22 to 24 pounds
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 25 to 30 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350?
Timetable for roasting a turkey at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius)*
|14 – 16 lbs (6.4 – 7.3 kg)||4 h 40 min – 5 h 20 min|
|17 – 19 lbs (7.7 – 8.6 kg)||5 h 40 min – 6 h 20 min|
|20 – 22 lbs (9.1 – 10.0 kg)||6 h 40 min – 7 h 20 min|
|23 – 24 lbs (10.4 – 10.9 kg)||7 h 40 min – 8 h|
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey at 325?
When to cook the turkey: temperature and time recommendations
- For a 10–13-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hours.
- For a 14–23-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2–3 hours.
- For a 24-27-pound person
- For a 28–30-pound turkey (with giblets), follow these instructions: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
How much longer do I cook a stuffed turkey?
It takes longer to cook a stuffed turkey than a regular turkey. For example, it will take 4 1/4 to 5 1/4 hours to cook a 20-pound stuffed turkey with stuffing. Roast Turkey with Stuffing
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3 to 3 1/2 hours|
|12 to 14 pounds||3 1/2 to 4 hours|