How Long Should a Turkey Be Cooked?
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
- 1 How long to cook a 10 pound turkey in the oven?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
- 3 How long to cook a Turkey in a convection oven?
- 4 How do you take the temperature of a fully cooked turkey?
- 5 Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
- 6 How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey breast?
- 7 How long does it take to cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey stuffed?
- 9 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 10 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 11 How long does it take to bake an 11 pound turkey?
- 12 How long do you cook a turkey calculator?
- 13 How long do you cook a 9lb turkey breast?
- 14 How long do you cook a 10 lb Butterball turkey?
- 15 What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
- 16 How long does a 10 lb turkey take to thaw in fridge?
- 17 How long does it take to cook a 11 lb turkey at 325?
How long to cook a 10 pound turkey in the oven?
- However, the very basic guideline is that an unstuffed turkey at 325oF should be cooked for around 15 minutes per pound.
- That time will vary, however, depending on the size of your bird, the temperature of your oven, and whether or not it is filled.
- So, let’s assume you’ve got a 10-pound bird that’s not been stuffed.
At 325oF, it should take somewhere between 2.5 and 3 hours, depending on how much you stir it.
How long does it take to cook a frozen turkey?
- All of these timeframes are based on roasting a turkey at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Even while it is safe to cook a totally frozen turkey, it will take at least 50 percent longer than cooking a thoroughly thawed turkey.
- If you are cooking from frozen, remove the giblet packet with tongs halfway through the cooking process.
Cook until an instant read thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long to cook a Turkey in a convection oven?
Based on a 325°F oven and a completely defrosted or fresh chicken, this USDA table provides an estimate of cooking time. (For an unstuffed chicken, the time required is around 15 minutes per pound.) In order to cook a frozen turkey, you will need to provide at least 50% more time than the required duration. A convection oven set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit will cook your turkey more quickly.
How do you take the temperature of a fully cooked turkey?
To check the internal temperature of the thigh muscle, put a meat thermometer into the middle of one of the inner muscles. The thermometer should not come into contact with bone. Wrap the turkey loosely in aluminum foil. Roast for 2-1/4 hours at 325°F in a preheated oven. Remove the aluminum foil and cut a strip of skin or string between the drumsticks to ensure that the thighs cook evenly.
Do you cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 or 350?
A 10-13 pound turkey (with giblets) should be baked for 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours at 350 degrees. Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 2-3 hours for a 14-23 pound turkey (weighted with giblets).
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey breast?
If there are any pan juices left, baste the bird with them. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160oF to 165oF in the center of the oven. According on the size of the roast and whether it is boneless or bone-in, total roasting time will be 20 to 25 minutes per pound of meat.
How long does it take to cook a 10 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound turkey stuffed?
How Long Should a Stuffed Turkey Be Cooked?
- Roast a 10- to 12-pound turkey for 314 to 312 hours for a 10- to 12-pound bird.
- Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey for 3 12 to 4 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey for 4 to 414 hours, depending on its size.
- Roast an 18- to 20-pound turkey for 414 to 434 hours if it weighs 18 to 20 pounds.
- Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey for 43- to 51-hours, depending on its size.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
How long does it take to bake an 11 pound turkey?
- Calculate the cooking time and temperature for the turkey.
- The simplest method of calculating turkey roasting times is to multiply the weight of the turkey by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey), or multiply the weight of the turkey by 15 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals approximately 4 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey).
How long do you cook a turkey calculator?
Third, the temperature of different ovens might vary somewhat.
|Turkey Size||Cooking Time (unstuffed)||Cooking Time (stuffed)|
|12 – 14 lbs||3 – 3 ¾ hours||3 ½ – 4 hours|
|14 – 18 lbs||3 ¾ – 4 ¼ hours||4 – 4 ¼ hours|
|18 – 20 lbs||4 ¼ – 4 ½ hours||4 ¼ – 4 ¾ hours|
|20 – 24 lbs||4 ½ – 5 hours||4 ¾ – 5 ¼ hours|
How long do you cook a 9lb turkey breast?
Cooking time for turkey breasts based on weight (estimated for planning only)
|Weight of Turkey Breast||Approximate Cooking Time|
|5 to 6 pounds||1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes|
|7 to 8 pounds||2 hours to 2 hours 15 minutes|
|9 to 10 pounds||2 hour 15 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes|
How long do you cook a 10 lb Butterball turkey?
According to Butterball, the oven temperature should still be set at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, but the cooking time will be reduced by one hour. Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows: 12 to 2 hours for 6-10 pounds. 10 to 18 pounds: 2 to 2 and a half hours.
What is the best temperature to bake a turkey?
For best results, start by roasting your turkey at 425°F for 40 to 45 minutes then decreasing the oven temperature to 350°F for the remainder of the cooking time. It’s a good idea to spray the turkey with butter or olive oil every 15 to 20 minutes, just like you would with the other approach, to help the surface brown and the flesh moist while cooking.
How long does a 10 lb turkey take to thaw in fridge?
According to the United States Department of Agriculture, when thawing a turkey in the refrigerator, allow 24 hours of defrosting time for every 4 to 5 pounds of turkey. As a result, if your turkey weighs between 4 and 12 pounds, plan on it defrosting in the refrigerator for one to three days.
How long does it take to cook a 11 lb turkey at 325?
Always use a thermometer to assess when something is done. The temperature of the thigh muscle should read 175°F on your meat thermometer ($15, Target). Roast a turkey (8 to 12 pounds) at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird.