- In a big saucepan, heat the beef fat until it is hot. Put all of the beef fat in a big 4-5 quart saucepan and set it aside.
- Make the beef fat into a roux.
- Complete the rendering of the fat.
- Remove the rendered fat through a strainer.
- Strain the mixture one more into a glass jar.
- Use immediately or keep for later use
How do you make liquid tallow at home?
If you want to manufacture liquid tallow, you must slowly heat cow fat or suet until the fat liquifies but the meat and other components remain solid. Then you can filter off the solid particles, and you’ll be left with nothing but pure lard.